Monday, June 17, 2013

Mission Moment: Mikarose, Tops

Hello Ladies!

Today I am going to tell you about one of my favorite stores: Mikarose.
(it is pronounced Meeka-rose)


They have a location at the University Mall in Orem, UT (bonus: in their store they offer a sister missionary discount!), and but you may recognize the name from somewhere else. They frequently have roadshows that go to several Costcos on the west coast. They also may sell to a boutique near you! You can look here on their blog to see a list of locations, and check out their "Window-Shopping Wednesdays" where they spotlight a different store every week!



They have a lot of great clothes, but for this post I am just going to high-light the tops I am using for my mission. (I will do a separate skirt one later :)







1. Lace Peplum Top
          For those of you that do not know, a "peplum" is when there is an additional ruffle at the waist of a garment. A peplum shirt is a way to add a little pizzaz to your wardrobe. It dresses up what otherwise might be a casual material. However this is one classy blouse- it has design and great fabric. The lace is very soft to the touch, and is a pretty rose pattern. It is lined, and has a good weight to it. I got this shirt in the cream and black, and it is $44.99.
          Why I like it so much more than the other peplum tops is the length of the peplum. Just look to see how it hangs on the model. It starts right at her waist (very flattering) and the ruffle is pretty long. That makes it more flattering than other peplums because it will elongate your silhouette, making you look thinner and taller, and it still gives you that hour-glass figure. This shirt is a winner in my book.
          Just be aware it might snag easily because of the soft lace, so just wear it with some beaded jewelry and nothing too crazy ;) link to the shirt



2. Satin Bow Top

         This one is a great option too. This is dressy blouse has a nice, subtle sheen to the fabric. The brilliant part is that you get this nice luxurious look, but it is machine washable. The maintenance is great and you will look classy.
         The shirt has darts to bring in the waist, so there is a side zip on the shirt to help you get into it. However I run into a bit of a predicament. I am a bit busty, so I ordered it two sizes bigger than normal so I will have enough room. Normally that would leave the waist of the shirt super baggy and cause wrinkles in my skirt because I will have to tuck it in. Lucky me though, this blouse is cut a bit shorter because it is designed to be tucked in. So when I do I tuck it into a high-waisted pencil skirt it looks great, brings in my waist, doesn't cause any sloppy wrinkles on the love-handles and BOOM instant class.
         This shirt comes in a cream color too, and is $34.99. The link is here.


       



3. Long Sleeve Cowl Neck Top

      Last but not least, is the Long Sleeve Cowl Neck Top. This shirt actually comes in a short sleeve version that you can see here, but I got the long sleeve because I needed a shirt for the winter.
     The material is a knit, so it will be very comfortable and packs well. Some may think of it as more of a casual top since it is made out of a soft jersey, but it distinguishes itself as a dress shirt with the cowl neck that makes this an elegant, classic top. It runs true to size and I have really enjoyed having this in my closet.
    This shirt is on clearance at $32.50, and has many colors. In the short sleeve version, it comes in a green, light blue/gray, white, and purple/mauve. The long sleeve version, found here, comes in red and cream.






       Want to check out their other stuff? You can look at their online store here and see all of their items. Also they are now carrying a special line called "Willow by Mikarose" that has skirts just for sister missionaries. I will feature those in a later post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment